Google Analytics Alternative

sábado, 25 de febrero de 2012

Of automatons and magic / De autómatas y magia

Yesterday, I watched the new film by Martin Scorsese, this magical fable called "Hugo". Despite I do not think this is the excellent movie it's supposed to be, I was captivated by the combination of these elements that one by one I found fascinating, such as magic, innovative art of that pioneer who was George Méliès, the automatons and, though circumstantial in the film, the music of Erik Satie. All of this brought to my mind the following illustration that is part of the story entitled "Of robots and men" which appeared in issue number 5 of the comic anthology "Dos veces Breve" (January, 2005).

Ayer vi la nueva película de Martin Scorsese, esa fábula mágica llamada "La invención de Hugo". A pesar de que no me pareció una película redonda, me cautivo la suma de esos elementos que uno a uno me fascinan, tales como, el ilusionismo, el arte innovador de ese pionero que fue George Méliès, los autómatas y, aunque circunstancial en la película, la música de Erik Satie. Todo ello me trajo a la memoria la siguiente ilustración que es parte de una historieta titulada "De robots y hombres" que apareció en el número 5 de la revista "Dos veces breve" (enero de 2005).

No hay comentarios:

(c) 2007-2024 Rafa Infantes